Saturday 22 September 2012

The violent protester and his younger self

A first draft of a poem, fresh from the writing pad. I didn't worry about the rhythm and I think that I need to elucidate.

A world I never admired.
A place of fear and woe,
left burning amid the fire.
The wrongs of the perceived foe.

We were happy a life-time ago,
and now the carrion is calling.
In fear and anguish I bow,
lest I be burned
and my life comes down falling.

Now,
I can loot a million places.
This is the freedom I enjoy:
I can maim a million faces
Religiosity in the hearts deploy.

You must not provoke me,
my fury is great.
I shall the poison the sea,
and turn upon you the weapon-
Cold, calm fate.

So blasphemer, where shall you go ?
I will hunt you down.
I shall fight to extinguish the light,
The light - the breath of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment